Saturday, March 02, 2013

Finally, We Have An Emcee!

Thinking that we can just get one of our friends for the job, emcee is one of the items that Adrin and I deprioritized when we started planning last year. We even listed our prospects and dropped hints to them regarding our plan. Turns out, no one is exactly up for it.

With the half-hearted YES’ and a couple of NO’s that we got, I felt that it would be best for us and our friends if we just hire a professional emcee for our wedding. I broached this to Adrin and he’s seemingly toying with the idea too.

My first choice is the w@w well-loved Missy Ferrer-Litao. I have listened to her w@w chat episode and I can say that I was amused by her candor. Back in early January I’ve already inquired for her availability and she confirmed that the date is still open (yes!) but I did not book her then because I haven’t gotten approval from Adrin yet. Since it has already been 4 weeks since our initial correspondence, there is the need to re-check if she’s still available on our date. Sadly, in that short of a time, she already got booked so I have to look for other emcees.

Just like before, I turned to w@w to check for other well recommended ones that I can shortlist. I was able to note four candidates, Missy’s 2 sisters Mallory Cosio and Marjorie Dizon, Thea Ocana, and Darlene Tan-Salazar. One of them is already booked, one never replied to my inquiry, one is available but replied very late, and one is available and replied promptly. Since first impressions last, I pursued my inquiry with the prompt supplier and requested for a pre-booking meeting.

It was a morning meeting right after our trip from Japan so we were not exactly prepared when we went there. Good thing this lady is easy to talk to and explains her services quite well. I must say, I’m impressed by her unusual scope of work for an emceeing service, and also her good attention to detail. Adrin seemed to like her pleasing aura and personality as well so we decided to already confirm our booking.

Now can you guess who she is? Well, it’s none other than the former wedding coordinator Darlene Tan-Salazar. =)


Darlene Tan-Salazar


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment