Monday, October 01, 2012

A Gift For A Friend: Beaded Rosaries


Three months after Adrin and I got engaged, I and my college friends were surprised by another engagement announcement within our group. This time it was Aiza’s, who accepted the marriage proposal of her then boyfriend, Jeron. We were really amazed of the announcement because of two things; (1) Aiza has been really picky with boys in the past and Jeron is her first boyfriend; and (2) at that time, they haven’t even celebrated their first dating anniversary! Haha. Nonetheless, we were very happy for them of course, especially me since I am also a soon-to-wed. I’m excited to exchange stories with her as we plan for our own dream wedding.

Fast forward to August, while Aiz (as we fondly call her) and I were texting away about the wedding cord that I just completed, I told her we can also DIY theirs. She liked the idea but beneath the excitement, I sensed a hint of hesitation. So since I’d like to contribute in making her wedding special, unique, and personal – I offered her to do the job and give it to them as my personal gift for their upcoming union. The next reply I received was pure delight! Knowing how traditional their families are, I reminded her to check first if they’ll be allowed to use a beaded wedding cord.

Just this month, before going back to Wellmanson for additional materials, she asked me to make rosaries for them instead of wedding cord just to be on the safe side. She didn’t want me making something that they eventually will not use. I also noted of their color motif which is Aqua Blue and Navy Blue.



After a couple of nights spent beading, these are the rosaries (I made them each) I lovingly crafted for them. 





I haven't had the opportunity yet to hand these to the couple. They just saw pictures of these in Facebook, and both of them found them beautiful. I bet they're already thrilled to have it. How about you, what do think of these rosaries? 


Cheers!











No comments:

Post a Comment