Sunday, October 07, 2012

DIY In Progress: Bride & Groom Signages

I'm sure you'd be shock that this early into our wedding preps, I'm already working on the signages that we'll hang outside our wedding preps hotel door. But hey, nothing wrong with it right? Who knows how heavy my work demand will be as we near the big day. That's why I want to tick off as much DIYs as I can while I still have the time.

When Adrin and I saw the stuffed felt letters in a store called EGG (Exciting Gifts and Goodies), I was instantly inspired to DIY the same letters and have them as our signages.

Something like this [Source: Etsy]

To be able to proceed with this DIY, I immediately sourced for the materials. Looking for felt cloth in the metro was quite a challenge. Nonetheless, I was able to find the right color in the small sewing/craft store at the 3rd floor of SM Makati.

As I start this project, I printed out block letters (Font used: Showcard Gothic) in a bond paper, cut them out, and used them as patterns. I carefully traced 2 pieces for each letter onto the felt cloth. I need two since I’ll be sewing them together and put some stuffing inside, just like how the letters are in the above photo.



I’ve completed cutting all the tracings out and now they are ready for stitching. It will be a tedious and time consuming task so I need to schedule this in one of the upcoming holidays. Of course I’ll update you as soon as I complete them, so watch out for it. :)





Cheers!







No comments:

Post a Comment