Sunday, November 18, 2012

Designer: Booked. I'll Be Wearing an HST!



After several gown design research session, and 4 designer meetings, I decided to go back to my top choice so I can further discuss the details I want for my gown. I emailed Hana and asked for a second appointment. Before going there, I retrieved the initial sketch she did for me which I'm sharing with you below. Pardon the clutter in the picture; I felt the need to smudge her written details and notes.

Initial Sketch: Front View

Initial Sketch: Back and Side Views

Anyway, back to the dress, it's simply pretty right? But still, I haven't shared with her yet the second look that I want and that is something I'd like to discuss aside from minor changes in the design.

As we got there, we were again greeted by his husband and led to Hana's small office. When Hana came, we went right down to business immediately. I have pegs at hand and showed each item to her as we talked each section of the dress. We changed the neckline and back portion, as well as the type of material to be used for the skirt. 

Next, I told her that I've been toying with the idea of a "second look". That said, she designed a dress with a one-shoulder detail as an option. Since I'm not really a fan of this neckline for my wedding gown, I requested her to suggest another one. She asked me if I'm open to wear an off-shoulder number. I gladly agreed to it so she drew the dress below. I was really won over by the images, but of course we need to discuss the budget first. I learned that getting those two looks for my dress would mean I'll spend 50% more than my maximum budget.  It will cost a lot more because of the additional materials and of course labor hours that will be spent for the lace and bead work on 3 dress panels (base dress, 1st look, and 2nd look) instead of just 1. Since resources are limited, I figured that would be way too much for me to agree on, so I scrapped the idea. 


Second Look which I forego

I asked her if she can draw something else that will still fit into our budget (just like the first sketch) but still  meeting the overall look I wanted to achieve. She gladly obliged and I was really happy with what she suggested and sketched (but I'm keeping it under wraps for now). Not expecting that we'll be booking  her during that meeting, she was a bit surprised when I told her that we actually came with a plan to seal the deal. She also commented that we're the first 2014 client in her books. To which I just laughed off since I  admit that I'm uber excited for this whole thing. Haha. And so, we made the 50% downpayment requirement to formalize the transaction. 

As we are closing the meeting, she dished out that measurement taking will probably happen around May 2013. That timing is okay with me since I still plan to tone up flabby spots a bit. She even asked about Adrin's attire which we confirmed will be Barong. Her advise is for Adrin to don a number which is a cut above the rest, for him to also stand out on our big day.

Driving away from her place, my fiance and I are convinced that we made the right decision in choosing Hana. She's very accommodating and friendly and there wasn't any moment of awkwardness during our discussion. The overall feeling during the interaction is pleasant and light. I'm so looking forward to start working with her for my dress. I'm sure that she'll create me something fabulous! :)

Cheers!





No comments:

Post a Comment