Tuesday, August 21, 2012

DIY #1: Our Wedding Cord


Finally, I'll be able to share to you our wedding cord. We bought the materials for our cord a few weeks ago and this time I’ll show you the step by step process as I crafted this thing that'll bind us, and of course the output. :)

First create a pattern you’d like. I created two patterns for our cord with the plan to pin these segments alternately. Since I prefer navy to stand out more than yellow, I used more navy beads in the patterns I arranged. Notice that I bought bigger navy beads too, so it would be more prominent than the yellow ones once the cord is finished.



String the first pattern of beads and bead caps into the eye pin. After inserting the last item, which is the bead cap for this segment, insert an eye pin. Once all the items were strung together, make a loop to close it.  In this segment, I cut the eye pin a bit before making the closing loop.



Using the eye pin included in the first segment, string the second pattern and insert another eye pin.Make a loop again to close this segment. Since I’ll just have these two patterns alternately, I just repeated the first section and continued on to do the rest.



After creating the two beaded loops that will be placed around me and Adrin, I designed the connector in the middle out of yellow beads (because I forgot to buy a brooch, so I improvised =P). This is the section where I attached our initials. Adrin didn't like the cursive letter A so we bought the block one. I, on the other hand, prefer the cursive letter K, so we decided to get our initials in different fonts. For the dangling section in the middle, I made a different pattern for it so you can easily set it apart from the two larger sections. Once this part was completed, I attached a blue St. Benedict's Crucifix at the end.




And so I present to you our wedding cord.




Easy process right? And lovely cord too! :)


Cheers,





7 comments:

  1. hi tine! san mo nabili yun letter charms?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Peachy! Was able to get them in one of the shops sa same block ng Wellmanson. Those letters were originally keychains. I just removed the keyholder. :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow super nice! Can you give me tips how I can make one using buttons instead of crystals? I'm thinking of using a jute string as the wire, but I don't know how to go from there.:S

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Geli! Naku, i'm also a newbie when it comes to crafting wedding cords. Hehe. Siguro before you decide na buttons na talaga gagamitin mo, scout ka muna for button type that are nice to use. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tine! I messaged you in FB. Ang galing! Ganda din ng colors, how you arranged the beads plus the letter charms and Crucifix. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi sis! Very nice :) Ask ko lang gano yung length ng cord na ginawa mo?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi My-Mye! I just estimated the length. Tried it on my shoulder lang and provide an allowance for the space between me and my fiance. :)

      Delete