Friday, August 31, 2012

An Early Birthday Gift: HMUA Booked!


As the title states, this was an early birthday gift for me. Last Tuesday, two days short of my birthday, I learned of Val Villarin's Hair and Make-up Promo. Come Wednesday, he's officially our hair and make-up artist! 




He was my choice supplier from the start, being one of the top ten suppliers of W@W in 2011. I dreamily stared at his portfolio in the early months and wished to be one of his stunning brides. However, I still wanna be sure with my choice. So last June, I actively researched for HMUA suppliers. I was able to get in touch with 20 or so suppliers, and despite seeing other stunning portfolios or cheaper packages, I know deep inside that I still want to be a Val Villarin bride. Not only have I felt that "this is it" feeling, his rates are reasonable too! It’s right in the smack of our allotted budget.

We’re just waiting it out a bit before booking him, hoping that he’ll have a promo in the next few months, or that we’ll catch him in one of the upcoming bridal fairs. If we’re able to do that, that might save us a few thousand or get more free services. Who wouldn’t want that right?

And so, after learning of his weeklong promo, I immediately messaged him in Facebook and sent him a text message to inquire. A few hours had passed and still no reply from him. Given my impatience, I decided to give him a call. When I got to talk to him, right then I told him that we’ll get his services and I’ll deposit the downpayment as soon as possible to officially block off our date. Since that was around 5PM already, I told him that I’ll just head to the bank the next day. As soon as I’ve deposited our downpayment, I shoot him an email confirmation for our payment together with the deposit slip. Hours after that, I received the scanned copy of our official contract. Happiness! What a great birthday gift?!


Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment