Sunday, August 05, 2012

International Coins for our Wedding Arrhae


Keeping up with a set budget is one of the struggles of wedding planning. It tests your creativity and flexibility. DIY-ing and improvising are two skills that one would like to have at this point. It can save you a generous amount of moolah, while keeping your wedding unique and personal at the same time.

During the early months of our preps, I learned of Unity Coins. These are minted coins specifically used for the wedding arrhae, where each coin is inscribed with a virtue that is essential for a successful marriage (i.e. love, respect, commitment, etc.). I made a mental note then to of course have Unity Coins for our wedding.

Unity Coins [Source]

As we go along though, we get familiar with all the costs that we need to consider and the going rate for each item to tick off. This is where you instinctively find ways to minimize the expenses. And so, as much as I want us to have our set of Unity Coins, I’m letting it go. I opened to Adrin the idea of having coins from different countries for our wedding arrhae in lieu of my initial plan. I think it’s just fitting to represent our love for travel this way and may this be a reminder for us to strive hard and manage our finances well so we can continue travelling the world together. Being the thrifty him, it’s a no brainer for him to favour my suggestion.

Knowing that we need 13 coins, we had a rundown of the coins we already have and we’re able to gather 8 different currencies from our personal vacations and business trips. Today, I was able to get 4 more from my travel-loving aunt, so that makes it 12 already. To complete the lot, I took a 10-peso coin from my mom’s purse. Making sure that our own Peso will make it in the collection. Hihi.

Here are our coins as of today, in various colors and sizes. I don’t intend to have them plated since it will alter their natural color.  I simply love how diverse they look like so I’m keeping them that way. They just need to be cleaned and polished to bring back some luster. :)

Our Wedding Arrhae Coins


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment