Monday, August 27, 2012

DIY #2: Ruffly Wrist Corsage

Making the most out of my work hiatus, I was able to tick off another item on the list. I bought the materials from Carolina's a few days ago, when I had my long overdue "me time". This wrist corsage made it to our DIY list after we decided with our theme. And one time that I was looking for inspirations, I came across the picture below. It was so cute and lovely! I just knew that our flower girls should have something like this.

Ruffly Corsage | Martha Stewart Weddings

So when I had the free time to scour for some eyelet trimmings, there's no way I'd let that opportunity pass. I first checked fabric shops in Glorietta 4, but not even a single shop sells what I was looking for. Luckily, the  lady in the last shop I went to was kind enough to refer me to Carolina’s at Glorietta 5. I treaded my way to the other building, looked for the said shop, and lo and behold, they have it! Apparently Carolina’s is a lace shop, so they have a wide array of lace and eyelet trimmings in different colors, sizes, and designs. I carefully scrutinized the items on display and bought 3 different types since I am not sure which among them will best look as a  flower.

I used the leftmost eyelet

Itching to finish this one, I started working as soon as I got home. Each trimming was used for a trial flower, and then I asked my family to pick which one looks best. The eyelet in nude won by a landslide, because it better complements our complexion compared the ones in stark white.  I was in production mode after that as  I so wanted to complete the corsages immediately. Excited much? Hihi.

Anyway, after crafting the 3 cute flowers, which I adorned with a yellow bead at the center, I was stuck because I did not buy any thin trimmings that will serve as wrist straps. Not wanting to give up and just continue on another day, I turned again to my trusty box of thingamajigs and found some cream satin ribbons. And they are just enough (as in no excess, not even a centimetre) to be placed as straps to my corsages. They’ve been in that box for ages (I think since my HS graduation! What a junkie?! Haha.), and finally I’ll be able to put them into good use. =P

I sew those ribbons at the back of the eyelet flowers, covered the stitches with some felt cloth for a clean finish, and voila, I now have 3 dainty and ruffly wrist corsages for our little girls. :)

Our Ruffly Corsages

Modeled by my young cousin :)

  

Carolina's Lace Shoppe


Cheers!







No comments:

Post a Comment