Saturday, June 29, 2013

Prenup Supplier Rating #1: Styling by Aira Franco with Fritz Mortel


Okay, this is my first time to rate a supplier so I'll try to give as much info as I can remember, and as accurate as my memory serves me. I'll use a scale of 10 for more leeway on minor items impacting the ratings. 

Rating Scale: 1 - 10 (10 being the highest)
Service: Prenup Styling with HMUA
Peso Power: Php 7,000 (but became Php 1,400)
Rating: 9

We booked Aira as our prenup stylist last March. Shortly after the booking, we had our pre-production meeting to discuss the concept. It was a short meeting since Adrin and I do not have a specific theme in mind. Our only requirement is to have formal and fun sets. She asked for our venue and photographer and then started showing us pegs. Right then and there we were able to agree on the overall feel of our shoot. 

Exactly a month before our pictorial, Aira sent to us our lookboard. We requested for one month lead time so Adrin and I have enough time to shop and gather our wardrobe. Fast forward to 3 days before the shoot, I received an urgent call from Aira. I was told that there seems to be a double booking for our shoot date and she's saying that it started when her phone (and calendar) crashed. It so happened that the other couple booked her in January so they are the priority. She was very apologetic as we talked and gave us three options:
  • Proceed with the shoot BUT only her styling assistant and HMUA will come with us; Remaining balance to be waived.
  • Reschedule the shoot so she can be with us; Remaining balance to be waived.
  • Cancel the agreement with full refund of payment made.
With those options, I told her that I'll just get back to her within the day for our decision. The next hours were full of panic on my part especially that I was only able to talk to Adrin after lunch.We decided to try rescheduling the shoot with all other suppliers, and luckily they all agreed to move our schedule. In that same day, Adrin was able to fix the glitch and set a new schedule, while I was in back to back meetings. Haha.

Fast forward to the day of the shoot, we were late for our call time with Aira and Fritz. I was expecting that they'd be a bit irate but I didn't sense any of that. Aira agreed that we'll do the HMU at her place before we do our studio shoot, then we'll just meet her and Fritz at Jardin de Miramar for the outdoor part later that day. I've split my comments into 3 sections and are outlined below:

Hair & Make-up (Fritz Mortel)

  • Fritz really did a great job on all of my 4 looks - both hairstyling and make-up
  • She was able to hide well my pimple marks, eyebags, and blemishes 
  • Make-up is fresh looking and not overly done. A lot of people who saw our pictures liked my make-up that day.
  • Hygienic: sponges, powder puff and brushes used on me were all clean and/or new. She doesn't even let her hands touch my face. It's always with a sponge, brush, puff or cotton tips.
  • She works fast on styling my hair
  • She's also nice to talk to, although a bit shy at first
  • Fritz patiently retouched my make-up and styled my hair as I eat or as I chat. I know she had a hard time doing that but I kept on forgetting that she's tinkering with my face. Hahaha. 

On-the-day Styling and Assistance
  • Aira and Fritz doesn't have any qualms being our personal assistants for the day
  • Our clothes were meticulously sorted out and paired together
  • Once it's on us, Aira checked for loose or ill-fitting areas and she'll put binder clips to make the clothes fit better.
  • Aira even folded Adrin's shorts and assisted me when I changed into the gown.
  • While shooting, they frequently fixed my hair (almost after every pose) and kept our faces dry from perspiration (lots of tissue on hand)
  • Since it was raining, they dutifully carried the umbrellas for us and ensured that we stay dry and clean
  • Dutifully wiping out our face and arms of water droplets from trees
  • They bugged us to eat snacks in between shoots
  • They carried drinks into the shoot area for us and for the photographers as well
  • Aira reminded me constantly to walk carefully ang slowly because I might trip on the muddy garden or slip due to the puddles of water. She'll even grab me when I'm walking ahead of her just to support me as I walked.
  • Aira coordinated with Jardin when she learned that the venue offered their picnic props and native hammock for our use.
  • For added detail for the picnic setup, Aira plucked out flowers from Jardin de Miramar's garden. Hahaha.
  • Since we're already 1 hour overtime at Jardin de Miramar, while shooting the last layout, Fritz packed away all of our things so we'd just quickly change and leave the premises immediately after the last layout.
  • Aira was true to her word of waiving our remaining balance for their services. We were intending to still pay, and actually offered it before leaving Jardin the Miramar, but she just wouldn't take it.


Gaps
  • Of course the panic and stress we got after learning of the double booking issue. I believe she already addressed the concern of mixed bookings by getting someone to fix her calendar for her.
  • I forgot my belt for my shorts and was banking on Aira that she has belts with her as part of the accessories. No belt. I had to un-tuck my blouse and just tie it in front.
  • My bra straps were always peeking from my dress but it wasn't fixed while we were shooting. It's such an eyesore in the photos.  

 All in all, it was still a good experience working with Aira and Fritz. They did their job beautifully on the day of our shoot and were attentive to our needs. However, a miss is still a miss hence I can't award her a perfect 10. But the good thing about her is the humility to accept her booboo and willingness to rectify her miss by providing us all possible options that we can get. In Adrin's words "at least she's not like our local airlines who do not give anything to the passengers whenever they inconvenience them". =)

Hope this helps!


Styling by Aira Franco
View Site

Makeup by Fritz Mortel
View Site


Cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment