Monday, June 17, 2013

The Gown: First Fitting


Yesterday was my first gown fitting with Hana. As usual, Adrin accompanied me to Hana's shop. As soon as we got there, we're down to business right away. Usually, first fitting is for the test garment only. I did not  know that it includes the petticoat as well. 

Hana and her assistant reached for the packed petticoat bearing my name. After which, they also retrieved the test garment which I will wear. I was then led to changing room so I can get into that flimsy test garment and bulky petticoat. I must say, even if it's just a test garment, it fits me snugly. I then wore the heels I brought and they started checking me and the garment all over. Armed with their pins, loose areas were neatly tucked as a mark for adjustments. Hana was even making pencil marks on the test lining.

After doing their thing, they asked me to check the length of the train and I was happy with it. I don't like a very long train which I'll painfully drag as I walk down that carpeted aisle. Hana asked me to check the back next and I told her that I'm giving her a free hand as to how low it should be. I just said that I want the back to be fully maximized for the lace tattoo I'm dreaming of. She asked me to face the mirror and informed me that the cut of the bustier will be lower that usual since my dress design is a V-neck. Gently, she explained to me that cutting it high will be awkward looking and asked if I'm okay with her plan. Not one to be so overly conscious, I told her that I'm okay with it as long as it's still decent looking. 

Lastly, we discussed on which part of my mid-section I'd like the "waist" cut to be. There's the natural waist option, the first hip option, and the dropped waist style which actually sits on the 2nd hip. My preference is to have the cut on the first hip. That way, there's an illusion of me having a longer torso. Hihi. That was the last item we discussed before I changed back to my clothes. Before leaving, we fixed the schedule of the next fitting. In 3 weeks time, I'll already try on the actual dress foundation! Exciting! =)



Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment