Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Faire La Fete For My Wedding Shoes


Buying shoes is always a challenge for me - charge that to the unusual measurements of my tootsies, which are long are slender. Even my toes are longer than that of the common populace. And these feet of mine makes it hard for me to find shoes and sandals that perfectly fit. I normally buy size 5 (USA 35) just so the shoes won’t fall off as I walk even it means sacrificing the comfort of my toes. Size 6 (USA 36) gives my toes that relaxed and outstretched state they deserve, but this size is oftentimes too wide for my entire foot that walking on them is impossible.

A couple of months back, I wore my salmon pink pumps to our corporate event which started mid-afternoon and lasted 'til before midnight. The fun didn't end there as we decided to hang out at a nearby coffee place after seeing a full packed Aracama and Draft. Needless to say, it has been a long day for me. And as I party, my toes were not having the time of their lives. They were hurting like crazy that I was so tempted to take off my shoes and walk back to the car on barefoot.  

That incident was the turning point in my search for my wedding shoes. I don’t want to experience that same agony during a very momentous occasion. On my wedding day, I want to enjoy, party, and have a good time without the constant nudge of discomfort on my every move. With that, I started an active research for suppliers of custom made bridal shoes. I shortlisted 3 suppliers, but in the end, I chose Faire La Fete. Of the three, they’re my top choice if I am to visually judge their end products. Good thing their past clients only have good words not only for the shoes, but also for service they received from Stephanie (Faire La Fete’s owner).

Source: Faire La Fete

Faire La Fete is the brain child of Stephanie Castro, daughter of the owners of Gibi Shoes. She works for their family business full time, but is also running this small business on the side. It was 2 weeks ago when Adrin and I met with Stephanie at UCC Coffee along Connecticut St. Greenhills. She has already settled herself in the shop when we arrived. After quick introductions, we got right into business. To better explain to her what I want, I showed her a picture of their own creation and just told her the color modifications I wanted.

My Peg | Source: Faire La Fete

As soon as she was done taking her notes, she pulled out her foot measurement devices (in different sizes) and began taking measurements of my foot. Her confirmation that my foot size is a bit off from the standard sizes made me feel that I made the right decision. She did not require any advance payment so I just have to make full payment upon the completion of my shoes. Our agreed target delivery date is mid-November so I have enough time to break the shoes in and practice walking on them before the big day. =)

Here are some of my favourite shoes that Faire La Fete created.

Rustic | Source: Faire La Fete

Lace Love | Source: Faire La Fete

Wedge shoes for added comfort
Source: Faire La Fete

Fun and Vibrant. Even the in soles are customized!
Source: Faire La Fete 
Ultimate Kikay | Source: Faire La Fete

Glitz and Glamour | Source: Faire La Fete

Sexy Straps | Source: Faire La Fete

Everyday Wear | Source: Faire La Fete

Faire La Fete
Email: fairelafeteshoes@gmail.com


Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment