Sunday, October 07, 2012

Our Story Won!


Won 3rd runner up that is, in The Wedding Library's Unique Love/Wedding/Proposal Story Contest. 

It was last August when I learned about this contest. I thought then that since we already wrote about our proposal story for this blog, might as well join the contest. Before sending our story, I first checked with Adrin if he's okay to have his blog entry submitted in a contest. I thought he'll be hesitant to join and submit his side of the story because of his booboo moment. I was wrong! Turns out he's perfectly okay with it since the story is already written and it'll just be minimal effort for us. Haha.

After seeking his approval, I tweaked the stories a bit and sent them by mid-August. When he asked me about the result 2 weeks after, I told him that the deadline for entry submission is until mid-September, and winners will be announced 2 weeks after that.

The month passed, and it was over last Thursday's dinner when Adrin remembered about this contest. I told him that I've yet to check if the winners are already out. As I checked the site of The Wedding Library that same night, I found the announcement for the contest's winners. Quickly skimming the page, it was sad not to our name in the list. BUT, after a thorough run through of the entire winners list, I FOUND OUR NAMES!!!

I hurriedly retracted to Adrin what I just reported regarding not winning. We were both really giddy and happy about it since it’s both our first time to join and win a story writing contest! Aside from the personal fulfillment (chos!) we got, we'll also get Php1,000 worth of products from The Wedding Library as our prize. Not bad right? 

I really think that this relationship, or partnership as I’d like to call it, really brings out the best in us. Read his and my side of the story and be amused. :))

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment