Thursday, June 28, 2012

The Search for the HMU Artist


I've been on this for weeks now. Since we already booked most of our major suppliers, I'm finding myself staring at our wedding planning spreadsheet/checklist, thinking which item to tick off next. I know that the next big item in there is our wedding attire. I'm already eyeing some designers and been in touch with them so I'm just waiting for my work to clear up a bit then we can proceed onto meeting them.

Even if we attended last weekend’s wedding fair at World Trade Center, I feel that we haven't been productive at all. Let’s just say that we did not make the most out of that event; not even to research properly at the least. Sigh.

And so, to make up for that guilt (and not to feel stuck in the rut), I sorted out all the flyers we collected and segregated those for the HMU suppliers, with the plan to check each one out over the internet. Lo and behold, for 4days now, I've been shooting email inquiries here and there and am constantly on the lookout for their replies.

The more works I see, the more I get confused. I've even created a new excel sheet to tally inclusions of the packages that I get. This makes price and value-for-money comparison a breeze but it does not entirely address the selection process difficulty because you'll not choose based on price alone of course. 

I think I need a couple more set of eyes to look into the portfolio of these artists. Any volunteers? 



Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment