Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Good Start for 2013: Auxiliary Photographer Booked!


It was months ago when I had a bout of fickle-mindedness regarding changing our P/V supplier. I guess it’s hard not to get to that point if you are in a long engagement since you are exposed to tons and tons of suppliers for an extended period of time. I brought up the idea to Adrin and as I expected he’s not in favour of it. He’ll only agree changing suppliers if it will not cause any additional hurt to our already ballooning expenses. After actively searching for possible replacements, I was faced with the truth that pushing through with my idea is impractical. Not only do the prospected new suppliers have skyrocketing rates, our down payment to our booked P/V will go right down the drain. We can’t refund anything. Zero. Nada.

And that’s when I considered having an auxiliary photographer. It will give me the peace of mind of having pictures in the style that I want, and at the same time being more cost-effective in the very daunting game of wedding budgeting. I was able to secure Adrin’s approval and promised that I’ll only allot very minimal budget for it.

Fast-forward to 2013, as I welcome the new year, I was greeted with very good news too. Co-w@wie April, together with her husband Manny (who apparently is a photography enthusiast and hobbyist) decided to pursue Manny's craft and moonlight as wedding photographers. They started Manny and April Photography which offers auxiliary photo services during the wedding day, and also engagement and post-nuptial shoots.

Upon seeing April's parting and promotional message to the W@W community, I immediately checked their hot-from-the-press Facebook page. I saw a few albums with only 1 for a wedding coverage, but boy was I amazed with the talent that is clearly depicted in each and every frame. Next thing I know, I was already talking to April regarding their rates and availability for our wedding. I just knew, they are the right auxiliaries for us. I quickly secured approval from Adrin regarding the booking, and the following weekday I found myself depositing our down payment.

View Site

Everything was lightning fast! In less than 3 days since they launched their new endeavor, they are already our supplier. April even confirmed to me that we were their very first booked client! Excited much, I know. Haha!

Despite the couple being new into the industry, I didn’t have any qualms on getting their services because I know that suppliers who were once w@wies will always give their best and will not short change their clients. They just know by heart the importance and value of a wedding to the couple because once upon a time, they were in those shoes too. :)


Manny and April Photography


Cheers!








No comments:

Post a Comment