Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Designer Meeting #5: Anna Ong for Jeff House of Fashion


Since we have already booked my gown designer, it's time to move to Adrin's and our entourage's attire. I also started researching for these two last year. It was at w@w where I first learned of Jeff House of Fashion. It’s a popular supplier for entourage gowns aside from the ones located in Divisoria. My inquiry with them months ago was attended to quickly and Anna, Jeff’s niece and his partner/assistant in the business, sent me their quotation for initial designs I sent.

It was last weekend when we had a meeting with Anna. I was armed with the new designs I had in mind for our entourage when we braved the Saturday traffic to reach JHF’s shop at Taguig. At first I was surprised to learn that Anna is actually not as young as I imagined. But she continued to be as pleasant in person as she was in our email correspondences.

I showed her my printouts of the new designs while she pulled out the initial ones I sent. She compared the two sets and confirmed that her initial quotation is still applicable to the new set. Upon seeing the pictures, she started pulling out sample fabrics, as well as her entire collection of swatches, and started explaining their differences. We learned that chiffon (my choice of fabric) has several kinds, and some are heavier than the others.  

Not long after we were talking about the timing from measurements, production, fittings, until delivery. Measurements start 6 mos. before the wedding date, and target completion and delivery is a month before the big day. We also asked about the payment scheme should we decide to close the deal.  

With all questions thrown and answered, we bade our goodbye to Anna with the promise to get in touch with her as soon as we decide to commission them for our entourage’s dresses. We're still thinking things through about this. I'll keep you posted. For the mean time, check out their works, you might like them too! =)


Jeff House of Fashion



Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment