Thursday, January 24, 2013

Bridal Fair Shindigs


After scouring the fair a week before, we again attended the Getting Married bridal fair at SMX just this weekend. Our agenda:
  • Finalize our list of drinks for our mobile bar
  • Meet-up with my w@wie friends from cyberspace

Upon arrival at SMX, we immediately looked for GQ’s booth. Again, Michelle was manning their station and she instantly remembered us from last week’s fair. We told her that we’ll finalize our drinks list already and so she asked the bartenders to attend to us.

To start off, a copy of the drinks list was handed to us together with their components. This is quite a daunting task as we are only social drinkers. Only a small dose of alcohol can already cause me some dizziness. We started with the household names (in other words, those which we are familiar with. haha!) like tequila and pinacolada. Then we asked for their hit drinks so we can try them also. Some of it we liked, some we just let pass. I did not forget to try on their shooters too, which by the way are just freebies in our package. And boy were they oh so yummy! One of the shooters even tastes like my favourite melon milk. I can barely trace the alcohol in it.  Adrin, on the other hand, tried their jello shots contained in syringes. I wouldn’t let it pass of course so I asked for some. Those were really good too and quite fun to consume. =)

As we were doing our drinks tasting, Nat went back to the booth with Mox in tow. At that point they are also decided to get GQ after trying out some drinks earlier, so while they completed the paperworks, she also took the chance to try different drinks with us. Not long after, Aiz and Jeron arrived. They were already at the fair the previous day so they just went there to meet us. With all the small talk going on between Aiz, Nat, and I, Adrin was left finalizing the rest of the drinks. Haha.

Cris is still nowhere to be found and we’re already done with GQ so we decided to have a quick bio-break to flush out all that alcohol. While waiting for the rest of the gang near the restrooms, Cris and Kim finally arrived. After some very long months of chatting online, I finally was able to meet all of them! They are no longer mere names and pictures that I talk to. Haha. As soon as we’re done with the introductions and pleasantries, Cris passed on to Aiz the w@w tags which we got for her as a surprise. And yes, she really did look surprised with what she was just handed with. Mission accomplished Cris and Nat! =)

After a few chit chats with the girls, we immediately prepared for the main agenda of the meet up, which is to decide on who goes first for our secret project. Really, it's a secret, so I'm not telling. :P As with other situations where I dread picking out a specific item or number, luck is always there to ensure that it comes to me. Yes, I’ll go first. No matter how anxious I get about it, there’s no turning back. I need to do it. It was a fair way of deciding our order anyway, so I can’t complain.

After our small game in the middle of a packed fair, we parted ways and headed out for the rest of our agenda for what’s left of that day. Pretty interesting bridal fair experience right? Not the usual drama of scouting and talking to suppliers. Let’s see what our story will be for the next one. =)

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment