Monday, September 02, 2013

DIY Invites Update #5: Final Mock-Up


Adrin and I dedicated the last long weekend to complete a few tasks for our invites. I had to sleep over their place last Saturday to cut up our ivory boards. Finalizing the size of our main invite and inserts was a pre-requisite so we can decide whether to cut out the board into letter size (8.5in x 11in) or legal size (8.5in x 14in). We're not the type to just cut and cut, and then make things work later on; we wanted to be precise and accurate. With the help of a mock-up, it was decided that our boards will be best maximized should we cut them into letter sizes first (to layout and print easier).




The following day, we made our trip to Divisoria to visit Michelle's Ribbons and Lace Center for some serious inspection of their laces. After some debates, we went home with a short strip of mustard yellow lace which we aim to use as a band for the mock-up invite. Adrin initially wanted to put some trimmings on the actual pocket but I voted against it since the lace is too wide for that. Neither can I agree to use another type of lace for the trimmings since it make the invite look uncoordinated. 

Come Monday, right after breakfast, I started working on the lace band for our mock-up invite. Next, I cut up a small sheet of paper to serve as placeholder for our monogram. To complete the look, I propped the entire set into its would-be envelope.




I was so happy with the overall outcome of the mock-up that by Tuesday, I already placed the order for the entire amount of lace that we need. Matches our classic-elegance theme nicely right? =)



Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment