Sunday, July 14, 2013

Love Is In The Air at W@W Red Party


Last Sunday, WeddingsAtWork’s Grand EB was finally held at Le Parc, Pasay City. It was Adrin and I’s first time to attend a W@W event and we're not sure what to expect. We just know that this event was organized mainly by us w@wies, and with the help of Ms. Benz of course for the supplier sponsorships.

Photo by Manny and April Photography


As part of the Décor Committee, I was expected to be at the venue at 7am for the ingress and setup. I know I cannot will myself and Adrin to show up that early so I excused myself from the preps and just promised to drop the my DIYs in the morning because I still had a fitting appointment to attend to right before the party.  When we got there at 10:30am, I was surprised to see that almost all of the photocorners have already been put up.  I just quickly handed my decors to Rizza and Khitin (leads of the 2 pinwheels group) and left.



The event starts at 2pm, but when we got there at 1:30pm, the venue is jam packed and most of the tables have already been filled up. On top of that, there’s still a long line at the registration. I was surprised to see some of our pictures from the official photographers as we waited for our turn to register.

Photos by CamZar Photography (L) and She&Him Photography (R)


Upon registering, we were given our matching button pins, cupcake (c/o Hearts and Bells) and chocolate treats (c/o Knotville Favors), Pond’s skin care products, W@W Primer 2012, and Bride’s Yellow Pages 2013 (both under W@W publication). 


Photo by She&Him Photography


It was an effort to find empty seats; luckily there were a couple more at the table near the photo corners. Before the program started, we passed our time taking pictures and accomplishing the task for the raffle. I was also able to meet and say hello to some w@wies that I talk to via email/Facebook. I even had pictures with some of them.

Pictures with w@wies: (L) w/ Nat and Cris; (T) w/ our photographer and ex-w@wie April;
(B) w/ co-HST bride Jenel  


When the program started, we just couldn’t contain our laughter from the smooth banter of our emcees -- Sir Abet Rana of W@W, and Sir Bong Sare of Threelogy

Photo by CamZar Photography


As we played the Human Bingo, I was surprised that a lot of w@wies came up to me, some I haven’t talked to ever, to have their card signed. They just seem to know me. Probably they’ve read my blog at one point, saw my pictures there, and they have good memory to recognize me. Haha.

Greeting Cyndee, Jemjem, and Bessie during the Human Bingo game | Photo by CamZar Photography


After that, each table was tasked to find out a unique commonality amongst them. We did manage to list a few but they were not very unique. As Sir Abet nears our table, a groom in our table suggested that if we want a sure win, we should answer that all of us are good dancers of “Gentleman”. That answer catapulted us to the dance floor to give the audience some sample moves. I can’t decide if we're shameless, desperate to win, or just genuinely game – but one thing is for sure, the crowd did enjoy our impromptu performance despite the fact that not all of are good dancers.  =)

Photos by She&Him Photography (Top) and CamZar Photography (Bottom)


The games that followed suit turned the stifled laughs on the group into rambunctious cheers and hoots!  Charge that to the very naughty Program Committee who prepared very naughty and mature games for all of us. Kudos to you guys and gals! Thanks for giving everyone a mini bridal shower. =)

Photo by me (L) and CamZar Photography (R)

Scandalized w@wies during the Guess the Position game | Photo by CamZar Photography


During the course of the program, winners of the W@W Peer Awards were also announced. I was happy to see some of my bets bag the award. The raffle followed suit and we got lucky again by winning our very own set of Unity Coins. We were already settled to use our international coin collection for our arrhae but I just can’t take not putting into good use those shiny and freshly minted coins.

Photo by CamZar Photography



Amidst all happenings, the part of the program I appreciated the most was Ms. Benz’s short talk on married life FAQs. She told us that each day is not as rosy and romantic as what we picture it to be at this point, and so she felt responsible to throw some splash of reality to our current idealistic state. As she went through her list, I realized that at one point or another, Adrin and I have managed to talk about those things already. We’ve gone through endless random what-ifs in our daily conversations and most, if not all, of those potential issues have been touched already. This made me appreciate more how open Adrin and I to each other is. And it makes me feel more secure that we’re really ready to take our relationship to the next level. =)  

Thank you to everyone who made this event possible. Adrin and I really had a good time on our 1st w@w event and we look forward to the next one. =)


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment