Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Makeover #2: Matches


After a long hiatus from actual DIY work (posts about invites as of late were all for materials), I had the sudden urge to tinker with our matches. Together with our bible, these were winnings from a contest we joined last year. 



To start off, I peeled off the satin cover of the matches and replaced it with dark blue felt cloth.



Then I decided to paint yellow the white and silver rope of the original design. Once dry, I attached it on the matches the same way it was used in the original design. But after doing that, the look did not come off as I expected so I tore it out again. Without any pre-meditation for this DIY, I don't have any idea what design to make. Adrin suggested to just put some lace as a simple accent. Sadly the eyelets on hand are too wide as they were intended for the wrist corsages. 

It's time to bring out the trusted box of thingamajigs once more. I was scouting for anything that I can use when I saw a white mesh ribbon which used to be a part of my old blouse (I told you, I’m such a junkie. Haha). I suddenly had the inspiration to create a flower out of it and again use my leftover beads as its core.

After making two flowers, I glued them on the upper right hand side of each match and this is how they turned out.



Simple but cute. Just how I wanted them to be. Another one for the books eh? =)


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment